Friday 24 June 2011

Rwanda Journal, Entry 42: The Mob Has Spoken

Dear Readers,

I've been approached by a delegation of concerned citizens. Included in the delegation was my mother, my girlfriend, a man trained in dealing with high explosives, several friends and, quite possibly, a group of disgruntled Canadian postal workers with nothing better to do these days.

The delagation has informed me that if I do not resume blogging again immediately, the consequences will be dire. The consequences ranged from the mild and clear ("a general loss of interest") to the spicy and hard to understand ("Me and my boys'll make a SPECIAL DELIVERY to your house... you understand me?)

Anyway, rather than face the wrath of my loved ones and a well-organized postal union, I've decided to return to my blogging ways.

It was a difficult decision, given how my days have been structured lately. Even so, I have a duty and a committment to my readers that I will continue to honour until the completion of this trip. I intend to deliver another exciting dispatch from Kigali by no later than Sunday, June 26th.

I regret that I've had to be reminded, but thank the delegation for reaching out with thoughtful encouragement and veiled threats.

Sursum corda,

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment