Monday 2 May 2011

Rwanda Journal, Entry 25: May 2nd, 2011

I bought my ticket for Rwanda today and formally applied for a Rwandan visa.

I'll leave Canada from Montréal on May 14, and should get the visa a few days before then, (it takes about 7 business days.)

I also packed my clothes and travel items into a duffle bag and gave my apartment keys to the subletter. It's weird leaving my apartment behind and it was exhausting getting everything packed up.

Even so, I got out to vote because it's important to do that.  

I'll spend the night at my mother's house in Alta Vista and board a bus to New Brunswick at 7:00pm tomorrow evening. The bus trip is 14 and a half hours long, and I'll arrive in Fredericton at 10:30am the next day (May 4th.)

There are still a few things I have to do before I arrive in Rwanda, but for now I'm going to bed.

I hope Harper doesn't have a majority when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment