Thursday 5 May 2011

SPECIAL REPORT: Flood Watch on the Saint John River

Heavy rains and high temperatures have left communities along the Saint John River bracing for floods.

Environment Canada issued a heavy rainfall warning for the Fredericton York-Sunbury area at 10:41 a.m. this morning.  

Meteorologists predict between 20 to 50 milimetres of rain will hit the region by early tomorrow morning. The province has forecast flooding in Fredericton.

I have taken up flood watch at my father's house. He lives about 20 feet from the banks of the river and will be at high risk if it breaches the banks.

My dad tells me water levels are supposed rise to 7.3 metres by tomorrow, which is up to the front door.

There are sandbags at the ready and I'm waiting for word from the landlord to put them out.

New Brunswick River Watch Program

St. John River Two-Day Forecast

No comments:

Post a Comment