Tuesday 10 May 2011

Rwanda Journal, Entry 28: Technical Difficulties

I am sorry to report that my computer hard drive has died.

I'd sat down to write a humourous and informative post about the day's events, when the monitor of my MacBook Pro began flickering blue.

Suddenly, a rainbow pinwheel replaced my cursor and it was all over. The computer was dead.

Fortunately, it happened this week and not next week when it would be very difficult to have repaired. I've been able to use my dad's Mac until mine comes back from Terra Consultants and should be up and running by Wednesday.
Terry Seguin (Aka "The Fonz") interviewed me on Information Morning Fredericton yesterday. I've posted the link to the audio here: http://www.cbc.ca/informationmorningfredericton/2011/05/journalism-student-to-rwanda.html

I think the interview went pretty well and I enjoyed meeting Seguin for the first time. He gives a good interview and I'm as convinced as ever that he's a total badass.
Seguin is the John McClane of Fredericton Radio.
He gave me seven minutes during drive time (7:30am-8:00am) which I thought was pretty generous.

Anyway, the interview is done and it's t-minus four days until I leave for Kigali.

I've started feeling anxious about the things I have to do before I leave. The computer crash doesn't reassure me.

I still need to pack, get back to Ottawa, collect my passport and visa from the Rwandan embassy and get to the airport on time. I know I'll get everything done but I can't help but be nervous.

For now, I am going to continue packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment