Friday 13 May 2011

Rwanda Journal, Entry 29: Packin' it in

I am cramming the next two months of my life into bags as I prepare to fly tomorrow afternoon.

So far I don't appear to have made much progress. 
Even so, I've managed to get pretty much everything done and will be finished packing well advance of my 2:45pm departure time.

Big thanks to my mom, who graciously drove me around the city today. We managed to get my passport, with a sparkling new Rwandan visa, back from the Rwanda High Commission.

I have exchanged my Canadian money for crisp new American dollars that can be turned into Rwandan Francs when I arrive in Kigali.

I've agreed to deliver a few packages for the Rwanda Initiative, which I am also packing away. Incidentally, if anyone is interested in knowing the character of Allan Thompson, the director of the program, I'll give you a hint.

He asked me to deliver a special laptop, equipped with speech recognition software and a braille printer, for blind Rwandans who want to study journalism.

I said yes.

Anyway, I really should get back to packing now. There is still more to do and I need to find space for things.

The next post I write will be from Kigali.

No comments:

Post a Comment